Herbert W. Warden - American Courage: Remarkable True Stories Exhibiting the Bravery That Has Made Our Country Great
William Morrow | 2005 | ISBN: 0060782390 | Pages: 400 | PDF | 1.23 MB
Here is the American adventure. This extraordinary volume captures a magnificent nation's spirit and the fortitude of those who helped to make it so. Drawn from remarkable firsthand accounts and historical writings, American Courage gives voice to the pilgrims, founding fathers, revolutionaries, pioneers, soldiers, and pilots, among other heroes, in a remarkable collection of harrowing tales, spanning from the Mayflower's landing througSeptember 11, 2001.
* A Plymoutcolonist is held captive during King Philip's War.
* George Washington crosses the Delaware.
* Davy Crockett reports from inside the Alamo.
* General Longstreet recounts Pickett's charge at Gettysburg.
* Sergeant York single-handedly captures 132 German soldiers.
* Charles Lindbergflies across the Atlantic.
* Nine Little Rock students desegregate Central HigSchool.
* Passengers on Flight 93 overpower hijackers on 9/11.
With more than forty thrilling true accounts of bravery, selflessness, and daring, the stories in American Courage reveal the heart and soul of our country.
Thanks to original uploader!
Do you know only a small part of all books is visible on the AvaxHome Homepage (@ Home)?
To see all of them use eBooks
If you enjoy my books look at my AvaxHome Blog
...::No mirrors, please::...